How to properly prepare Apple products for warranty service in the service
Before you hand over your iPhone/iPad/Apple Watch to an authorized service center, you must completely delete your Apple ID account with a preliminary copy of the stored data to restore it unchanged. These steps are mandatory, as they contribute to creating the best conditions for a complex of repair and restoration measures. The procedure consists of the following sequence:
- 1. Break the pair between the iPhone and Apple Watch. This step is necessary to set the phone’s factory settings. In parallel, the iPhone automatically backs up Apple Watch data. This makes it possible to fully restore them after returning the gadget from the service center.
- 2. Make a copy of your iOS operating system data and save it to another media. The most convenient way to do this is to use iTunes or iCloud.
- 3. Go to settings in the iCloud section and disable the Find my phone option. Go back a step to iCloud and click delete account.
- 4. Delete all data from your device. To do this, go to the following path: menu “Settings” – “General” – “Reset” – “Delete content and settings”. When prompted to enter your identification information, enter your Apple ID and password. If you can’t remember them, go to the iForgot website.
- 5. Make sure that disabling the lock function works correctly.
- 6. Remove the SIM card and remove the protective elements and case. You do not need to give the charger to a service center specialist.
The “find iPhone” function plays an important role in the device’s operation. You can use it not only to find the missing gadget, but also to remotely protect the data stored on it. In order for the wizard to be able to access the system, you must disable this option. However, it often happens that due to a breakdown, the iPhone does not turn on or does not respond to user actions. In such cases, you can delete your account on the official website www.icloud.com/find. To register, just enter your identification data.